Saturday, May 17, 2014

It Just Slipped Out

digital mixed media print collaboration with Aldo Jeffrey


This is something from 2011. At the time I was experimenting frequently for a few weeks with mixed media. It's a fun outlet for me after being focused on oil paintings for a long time, for a show or just self imposed deadlines. This one felt so effortless, I wanted to recreate that feeling and kept trying, but I'm convinced none of the pieces were as good as this one, to me. Below you will see the results of an afternoon I had with mixed media, it's one of my favorite things that came from that time. 
Above is (a piece from 2012 made with Aldo) our finished BrokeBot collab, It Just Slipped Out. We took my version, scanned it into the computer, and worked on it from there. We take turns until we are happy with the results. Prints are available in my shop.
watercolor, graphite, ink, & spraypaint on illus board
The piece is about the struggles of love and relationships. Sometimes you aren't ready to divulge the words that describe feelings you may or may not be feeling. The words "I love you" just whispered themselves out of her, but her heart wasn't ready for that just yet, so she covers her mouth. "It just slipped out."




No comments:

Post a Comment